Paperwork assistance

In order to hold a civil ceremony for foreigners, a special permit to wed is required, released under the production of legal papers which vary from country to country. We will be happy to assist you in making this request for permission to marry: we will provide you with a list of required documents according to your country of origin. In addition, foreigners who do not reside in Italy must personally sign, in front of the public official, a document stating that there are no impediments for contracting the marriage. This statement is usually signed one or two days before the ceremony, according to the officiant municipality. Under Italian law, civil marriages celebrated in Italy must be performed in the Italian language and must also be translated into the language of both spouses, even if the couple understands Italian language. In addition, the spouses must have two witnesses, one for the bride and one for the groom. My Italy and My Wedding will provide all of this: the interpreter, witnesses if needed and, after the wedding in Italy, we will see to it that the marriage certificate is legalized, showing the name of the location of the ceremony.